Greek Ceramic Vase Pot Vessel lekythos Goddess Athena God Poseidon 10.2in
* MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE - HAND PAINTED *
Height : 26 cm (10.24 in)
Width: 9,5 cm (3.74 in)
Net Weight: 482 gr (1.06 lb)
Material: Genuine Ceramic
A lekythos is a type of Ancient Greek vessel used for storing oil , especially olive oil. It has a narrow body and one handle attached to the neck of the vessel, and is thus a narrow type of jug, with no pouring lip;
These vessels were very popular during the 5th century BC, however there are many that have been found dating all the way back to 700 BC. The lekythos was used for anointing dead bodies of unmarried women and many lekythoi are found in tombs. The images on lekythoi were often depictions of daily activities or rituals. They contained a perfumed oil which was offered either to the dead person or to the gods of the underworldThe Lekythos was used to smear perfumed oil on a woman's skin before getting married and were placed in tombs to allow the unmarried woman to prepare for a wedding in the afterlife.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.