goddess Astarte Ishtar aphrodite female terracotta clay figurine ancient sculpture museum copy
Handmade in Greece
Height : (31,5 cm) (12.4 inches)
width: (13 cm) (5.12 inches)
Weight: 950 gr (2.1 lb)
Material: Natural Clay
Our terracotta sculpture is a copy of the Astarte figurine which is exchibited in the Cyprus Archaeological Museum .
Naked bird-faced female figurine with perforated ears. Holds a child
The cult of Aphrodite may date back further to the Assyrian cults of Ishtar and Astarte. There is evidence that Ishtar and Astarte were worshiped at Paphos in the early Iron Age and were brought, so to speak, to the island by the Phoenicians along with the Egyptian cult of Hathor, who may also have been identified with Aphrodite (see Hatton-Brown, 1997 p.64-6). Ishtar was a goddess of love and war and her cult involved sacred prostitution and was usually fatal for her lovers.
Professional packing- We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.