Cycladic Figurine Idol Greek Art Statue Sculpture Museum Copy Cast Marble 13.4in - 34 cm
MADE IN GREECE – HANDMADE
feel and look of natural marble
Height : 34 cm (13.4 in)
Width: 7,5 cm (2.95 in)
Weight: 0,5 kgr ( 1.1 lb)
Material Cast Marble
Cast Marble statues are made from a composite material in which natural crushed Greek Marble stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Marble stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Our statues are not carved.
Our statue is a copy of a Cycladic idol (dated 2800 b.C. - 2300 b.C.) which is now exhibited in The Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens.
The ancient Cycladic culture flourished in the islands of the Aegean Sea in Greece from c. 3300 to 1100 BCE. Along with the Minoan civilization and Mycenaean Greece, the Cycladic people are counted among the three major Aegean cultures. The best-known art of this period are the marble figures usually called "idols" or "figurines". The majority of these figures, however, are highly stylized representations of the female human form, typically having a flat, geometric quality which gives them a striking resemblance to today's modern art.
The Spedos type, named after an Early Cycladic cemetery on Naxos, is the most common of Cycladic figurine types. (Early Cycladic II – Syros Phase 2800 b.C. – 2300 b.C). It has the widest distribution within the Cyclades as well as elsewhere, and the greatest longevity.Spedos figurines are typically slender elongated female forms with folded arms. They are characterized by U-shaped heads and a deeply incised cleft between the legs.
Professional packing- We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.