Aristonothos krater Homer's Odyssey Vase Ancient Greek Pottery Ceramic
* MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE - HAND PAINTED *
Height: 32 cm (12.6 in)
Width: 27 cm (10.63 in)
Net Weight: 2,3 kgr (05 lb)
Material: Clay - Genuine Ceramic
Our vase is a reproduction of the Aristonothos kratēr from Caere (7th century BC) , which is exhibited in the - Musei Capitolini - Rome, Italy.
The front side of the vase depicts the story of the blinding of cyclops Polyphemus by Odysseus and his four companions.
The back side displays a sea raid, in which a threatening hull prepares for the attack on a merchant ship.
Both the images are part of one and the same
narrative. The first part of the narrative is land-based; the second part is
sea-based. Traditionally the narrative is interpreted as that of the early
Greek colonist, who must deal both with dangerous natives and with battle at sea.
|Material||Clay / Ceramic|
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.