SET OF 3 SATYRS Faunus Faun Phallus Nude Male Penis Statue Sculpture
*MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE*
Our creations are products of top quality and high aesthetics, handmade by skilled and specially trained artisans.
Height (each one) : 12- 13 cm (4.7 – 5.1 in)
Total Net Weight: 640 gr (1.4 lb)
Material & Manufacture process: Cast Alabaster
Cast Alabaster statues are made from a material in which natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. Αlabaster was very widely used for small sculpture for indoor use in the ancient world, especially in Ancient Greece , Egypt and Mesopotamia . The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Please note: Our statues are not carved. The alabaster we use is not the calcite alabaster variety which is also known as onyx-marble, Egyptian alabaster, or Oriental alabaster. Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public .
In Greek mythology, a satyr
is one of a troop of ithyphallic male companions of Dionysus with goat-like features and often permanent erection. Early artistic representations sometimes include horse-like legs, but in 6th-century BC black-figure pottery human legs are the most common. In Roman Mythology there is a concept similar to satyrs, with goat-like features: the faun, being half-man, half-goat, who roamed the woods and mountains. In myths they are often associated with pipe-playing . As Dionysiac creatures they are lovers of wine and women, and they are ready for every physical pleasure. They roam to the music of pipes (auloi), cymbals, castanets, and bagpipes, and they love to chase maenads or bacchants (with whom they are obsessed, and whom they often pursue), or in later art, dance with the nymphs , and have a special form of dance called sikinnis. Because of their love of wine, they are often represented holding wine cups, and they appear often in the decorations on wine cups.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.