Phallus Krater Ancient Greek Ceramic Vase Pottery Erotic Art Copy 470 BC
*MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE - HAND PAINTED *
Height : 16 cm (6.29 in)
width: 17 cm (6.69 in)
Net Weight: 1,1 kgr (2.43 lb)
Material: Genuine Ceramic
Our vase is a copy (in smaller scale) of an ancient Greek vessel attributed to the Pan Painter 480 - 460 BC, which is exhibited in the Altes Museum in Berlin.
Note: Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the item. Thank you!
A cult around the Phallos by The Pan Painter
ancient Greece irreverent fun was poked on stage, and somatic pleasures
of food, wine and bawdiness characterized quite a few Greek rituals and
festivities. Surviving paintings on wine vessels display the phallus
for enjoyment during the convivial drinking party (symposium), at which
elite men were entertained by male and female dancers, musicians and
courtesans (hetairai). Amusing views of different kinds of phallic
representations are presented on the early to mid-ﬁfth century BCE red-ﬁgure krater, used to mix wine with water at such parties.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.