PERSEPHONE Goddess Queen of underworld LARGE Cast Marble Sculpture Statue 16.5 inches
*MADE IN GREECE – HANDMADE*
Our creations are products of top quality and high aesthetics, handmade by skilled and specially trained artisans.
Height : 42 cm ( 16.5 in)
Width: 14 cm ( 5.5 in)
Weight: 1980 gr (4.37 lb)
(Please note that there might be a slight difference on the statue’s height or their weight as they are all handmade).
Material & Manufacture process: Cast Marble
Cast Marble statues are made from a composite material in which natural crushed Greek Marble stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Marble stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Please note: Our statues are not carved. 100% Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public.
PERSEPHONE, who is holding a garland was the goddess queen of the underworld, wife of the god Hades. She was also the goddess of spring growth, who was worshiped alongside her mother Demeter in the Eleusinian Mysteries. This agricultural-based cult promised its initiates passage to a blessed afterlife. Persephone was titled Kore (the Maiden) as the goddess of spring's bounty. Once upon a time when she was playing in a flowery meadow with her Nymph companions, Kore was seized by Hades and carried off to the underworld as his bride. Her mother Demeter despaired at her disappearance and searched for her the throughout the world accompanied by the goddess Hecate bearing torches. When she learned that Zeus had conspired in her daughter's abduction she was furious, and refused to let the earth fruit until Persephone was returned. Zeus consented, but because the girl had tasted of the food of Hades--a handful of pomegranate seeds--she was forced to forever spend a part of the year with her husband in the underworld. Her annual return to the earth in spring was marked by the flowering of the meadows and the sudden growth of the new grain. Her return to the underworld in winter, conversely, saw the dying down of plants and the halting of growth.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.