Head of Cycladic Figurine Idol Greek Modern Art Cast Marble Statue Sculpture Museum 6.9 inches
*MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE *
Dimensions (approximately) :
Height : 17,5 cm (6.9 in)
Width: 7,5 cm (2.95 in)
Weight: 480 gr (1.06 lb)
Material & Manufacture process: Cast Marble
Cast Marble statues are made from a composite material in which natural crushed Greek Marble stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Marble stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Please note: Our statues are not carved. 100% Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public.
The ancient Cycladic culture flourished in the islands of the Aegean Sea in Greece from c. 3300 to 1100 BCE. Along with the Minoan civilization and Mycenaean Greece, the Cycladic people are counted among the three major Aegean cultures. The best-known art of this period are the marble figures usually called "idols" or "figurines". The majority of these figures, however, are highly stylized representations of the female human form, typically having a flat, geometric quality which gives them a striking resemblance to today's modern art.
This elegant head, representative of the “Dokathismata variety”, (Early Cycladic II – Syros Phase 2800 b.C. – 2300 b.C) thus named after a cemetery on Amorgos, is one of the masterpieces of Cycladic marble sculpting. The strict geometric structure, the harmonious proportions and the abstract quality epitomize those virtues that made Cycladic art a source of inspiration for important twentieth-century artists.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.