Farnese Hercules Heracles Greek Cast Marble Sculpture Statue Museum Copy 13in
*MADE IN GREECE - HANDMADE *
Our creations are products of top quality and high aesthetics, handmade by skilled and specially trained artisans.
Height : 33 cm (13 in)
Width : 11,7 cm (4.6in)
Depth: 11,7 cm (4.6in)
Weight: 2,2 Kgr (4.85 lb)
Material & Manufacture process: Cast Marble
Cast Marble statues are made from a composite material in which natural crushed Greek Marble stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Marble stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Please note: Our statues are not carved. Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public .
The Farnese Hercules (Italian: Ercole Farnese) is an ancient statue of Hercules, probably an enlarged copy made in the early third century AD and signed by Glykon, who is otherwise unknown; the name is Greek but he may have worked in Rome. Like much Ancient Roman sculpture it is a copy or version of a much older Greek original that was well known, in this case a bronze by Lysippos that would have been made in the fourth century BC. The Farnese Hercules is a massive marble statue, following a lost original cast in bronze through a method called lost wax casting. It depicts a muscular, yet weary, Hercules leaning on his club, which has the skin of the Nemean lion draped over it. In myths about Heracles, killing the lion was his first task. He has just performed one of the last of The Twelve Labours, which is suggested by the apples of the Hesperides he holds behind his back.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.