Artemis Diana Greek Goddess Wounded Amazon Statue Sculpture Museum Copy 10.2in - 26cm
*MADE IN GREECE – HANDMADE – ΗΑΝD PAINTED*
Height : 26 cm ( 10.24 in)
Weight: 520 gr (1.15 lb)
Material : Cast Alabaster
Cast Alabaster statues are made from a material in which natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone is mixed with a small quantity of resin that works as a glue. Αlabaster was very widely used for small sculpture for indoor use in the ancient world, especially in Ancient Greece , Egypt and Mesopotamia . The mixture is then poured into a mold of the statue design. Because the powder is so fine the smallest details can be reproduced using this method. Over 90% of the finished sculpture is natural crushed Greek Alabaster stone, which gives it a look and feel of solid natural marble. All sculptures are finished by hand to ensure the finest quality. This strong material is water and weather resistant, doesn't have bubbles, will not crack, and can be washed with most cleaning agents.
Please note: Our statues are not carved. The alabaster we use is not the calcite alabaster variety which is also known as onyx-marble, Egyptian alabaster, or Oriental alabaster. Natural marble statues are hand carved and command a very hefty price. Our product offerings are intended to be affordable to the majority public.
This Statue is based on a Roman copy of a Greek bronze original dated around 450–425 B.C. The original bronze may have stood in the sanctuary of Artemis at Ephesus on the coast of Asia Minor, where the Amazons had legendary and cultic connections with the goddess.
The Amazons were a mythical race of warrior women renowned for their skills in archery and horsemanship. Here, the mythical warrior woman has been stripped of her weapons and horse, and wounded under her right breast. She wears a short, sleeveless chiton unfastened at one shoulder and belted at the waist with a makeshift bit of bridle from her horse. The garment is known as an exomis, the type of clothing worn by Greek men for exercise, horse riding, or hard labor. Despite her plight, this Amazon shows no sign of pain or fatigue. She gently leans on the pillar at her left and rests her right arm gracefully on her head in a gesture often used to denote sleep or death. The serenity of her pose and the emotional restraint in her facial expression are characteristic of Classical sculpture of the second half of the fifth century B.C.
- We ship worldwide from Greece, 12-48 hours after payment (doesn't include Sat, Sun or holidays), via Greek Postal Service for all international packages.
- All packages include tracking number. We are responsible for loss of parcel and we provide return.
- Shipping to U.S.A, CANADA , MEXICO, EUROPE is FREE
- . International Buyers – Please Note : Custom fees and import duties are NOT included in the purchase price. Some countries may occasionally impose customs to incoming merchandise. If you have concerns about this, please find out the rules from your country prior to purchase.
- Estimated shipping time (after postal date) is 5 - 6 business days for Europe, U.S.A., Canada , Mexico and 7-10 business days for rest world.
We offer following payment options:
- VISA/MasterCard (secure transaction via SSL encryption)
- Bank Transfer
We take extra care in safely packing our fragile items to ensure safe delivery
Our return policy is 14 days return or exchange. All returns must include all original items, original packaging, undamaged, unused and in re-saleable condition. Customers are responsible for return shipping costs. Shipping and handling fees are absolutely non-refundable.